2021 Election of UBCFA Executive Committee Members
Your UBCFA Executive Committee members volunteer their time to help guide the Faculty Association’s operational and policy decisions including advocacy, negotiation, education, communication and planning decisions. This year, a vote is being held to elect three (3) Members-at-Large. UBC Okanagan Faculty will also be voting on a Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee (OFC). The nomination period closed Monday, March 1st at 4:30 p.m.
The Election will run from Monday, March 15 to Monday, March 29, 2021, closing at 4:30 p.m. Members will be receiving a unique email link to vote online. You will be directed to the voting website and required to enter the password contained in your email invitation as well as your 7-digit UBC Employee ID number. Our electronic voting is conducted through third party voting software to ensure that your vote is anonymous. (Please check your junk email if you do not receive your email invitation). If you have any questions about the positions or the election, please contact the Nominations Committee at [email protected] or 604.822.3883.
Nominees standing for election:
- Member-at-Large (3 positions)
- Chris Addison (Chemistry, UBCV)
- Arjun Bhardwaj (Faculty of Management, UBCO)
- Lea Caragata (Social Work, UBCV)
- Kevin Chong (Creative Studies, UBCO)
- Geoffrey Cundiff (Obstetrics and Gynecology, UBCV)
- Majid Doroudi (Cellular & Physiological Sciences, UBCV)
- Montserrat Rueda-Becerril (Chemistry, UBCV)
- Michelle Stack (Educational Studies, UBCV)
- Robert Stibravy (Library Digital Programs & Services, UBCV)
- Guangrui (Maggie) Xia (Materials Engineering, UBCV)
- Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee (OFC)
(To be voted on by Okanagan Faculty Members only)
- Diana Carter (Languages & World Literatures, UBCO)
- Michael Pidwirny (Earth, Environmental & Geographic Sciences, UBCO)
Candidate statements are available on our website. We thank all candidates who have agreed to stand for these positions.
Members of the 2021 UBCFA Election Nominations Committee: Alan Richardson, President (Philosophy, UBCV), Bronwen Sprout, Past President, (Library – Digital Initiatives, UBCV), Parisa Mehrkhodavandi (Chemistry, UBCV), Mark Mac Lean (Mathematics, UBCV), Stephen O’Leary (School of Engineering, UBCO) and Deena Rubuliak (Executive Director/Ex-Officio).