Voting Resumes March 16
2023 Election of UBCFA Executive Committee Members
We have been able to resolve the issue identified yesterday. The election will recommence today March 16th with a notification sent by Simply Voting at 10:00AM. In light of the issues and to insure there is a full two-week window to vote the election will continue until Thursday March 30th, closing at 4:30PM. If you have already voted you will not need to vote again.
This year, a vote is being held to elect the Chair of the Equity Committee, Chair of the Okanagan Faculty Committee and three (3) Members-at-Large.
Please note Chair of the Okanagan Faculty Committee will only be voted on by members of our Okanagan Campus as per section 4.5 in our Constitution and Bylaws.
The Election will run from Thursday, March 16 to Thursday, March 30, 2023, closing at 4:30PM. Members will be receiving a unique email link to vote online. You will be directed to the voting website and required to enter the password contained in your email invitation as well as your 7-digit UBC Employee ID number. Our electronic voting is conducted through third party voting software to ensure that your vote is anonymous. (Please check your junk email if you do not receive your email invitation). If you have any questions about the positions or the election, please contact the Faculty Association at [email protected].
Candidates standing for election:
- Chair, Equity Committee:
- Lea Caragata (Social Work, UBCV)
- Shirley Chau (Social Work, UBCO)
- Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee:
- Marianne Legault (Language and World Literature, UBCO)
- Peter Arthur (Education, UBCO)
- Member-at-Large (3 positions)
- Karen Pinder (Cellular & Physiological Sciences, UBCV)
- Mary Bryson (Language and Literacy Education, UBCV)
- Michael Lanthier (History, UBCV)
- Samuel Rocha (Educational Studies, UBCV)
- Sathish Gopalakrishnan (Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBCV)
- Stephen O’Leary (Applied Science, UBCO)
Candidate statements are available on our website. We thank all candidates who have agreed to stand for these positions.