2023 Election of UBCFA Executive Committee Members
Your UBCFA Executive Committee members volunteer their time to help guide the Faculty Association’s operational and policy decisions including advocacy, negotiation, education, communication and planning decisions. This year, a vote is being held to elect the Chair of the Equity Committee, Chair of the Okanagan Faculty Committee and three (3) Members-at-Large. The nomination period closed Wednesday, March 1st at 4:30 p.m.
We would like to congratulate the following nominees who have been elected by acclamation:
- Chair, Anti-Racism and Indigenous Initiatives Committee: Kevin Chong (Creative Studies, UBCO)
- Chair, Membership Services and Grievances Committee: Timothy Taylor (Creative Writing, UBCV)
Nominees standing for election:
- Chair, Equity Committee:
- Lea Caragata (Social Work, UBCV)
- Leslie Roman (Educational Studies, UBCV)
- Shirley Chau (Social Work, UBCO)
- Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee:
- Marianne Legault (Language and World Literature, UBCO)
- Peter Arthur (Education, UBCO)
- Member-at-Large (3 positions)
- Karen Pinder (Cellular & Physiological Sciences, UBCV)
- Mary Bryson (Language and Literacy Education, UBCV)
- Michael Lanthier (History, UBCV)
- Samuel Rocha (Educational Studies, UBCV)
- Sathish Gopalakrishnan (Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBCV)
- Stephen O’Leary (Applied Science, UBCO)
Candidate statements will be available on our website during the voting period. We thank all candidates who have agreed to stand for these positions.
The Election will run from Wednesday, March 15 to Wednesday, March 29, 2023, closing at 4:30 p.m. Members will be receiving a unique email link to vote online. You will be directed to the voting website and required to enter the password contained in your email invitation as well as your 7-digit UBC Employee ID number. Our electronic voting is conducted through third party voting software to ensure that your vote is anonymous. (Please check your junk email if you do not receive your email invitation). If you have any questions about the positions or the election, please contact the Faculty Association at [email protected].