Your UBCFA Executive Committee members volunteer their time to help guide the Faculty Association’s operational and policy decisions including advocacy, negotiation, education, communication and planning decisions. This year, a vote is being held to elect the Association Treasurer and four Members-at-Large (3 x 2-year terms, 1 x 1-year term to be determined by vote count). The nomination period closed Sunday, March 1st at 4:30 p.m.
We would like to congratulate the following nominees who have been elected by acclamation:
- President: Alan Richardson (Philosophy, UBCV)
- Vice-President: Dory Nason (Institute for Critical Indigenous Studies, UBCV)
- Secretary: Karen Smith (Microbiology & Immunology, UBCV)
- Chair, Contract Faculty Committee: Sarika Bose (UBCV) *
- Chair, Librarians & Archivists Committee: Anne Olsen (Library, UBCV)
- Chair, Member Services & Grievance Committee: Timothy Taylor (Creative Writing Program, UBCV)
- Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee: Diana Carter (Languages & World Literatures, UBCO)
*Sarika Bose has now been acclaimed due to a nomination rescindment.
Nominees standing for election:
- Arjun Bhardwaj (Management, UBCO)
- Doris Doudet (Neurology, UBCV)
- Member at Large:
- Chris Addison (Chemistry, UBCV)
- Steven Barnes (Psychology, UBCV)
- Shirley Chau (Health & Soc Development – Social Work, UBCO)
- Meghan Corella (Language and Literacy Education, UBCV)
- Annamma Joy (Management, UBCO)
Follow this link to read the Candidates’ statements.
The Election will run from Monday, March 16 to Monday, March 30, 2020, closing at 4:30 p.m. Members will be receiving an email invitation with instructions on how to vote. You will be directed to the voting website and required to enter the password contained in your email invitation as well as your 7-digit UBC Employee ID number. Our electronic voting is conducted through third party voting software to ensure that your vote is anonymous. (Please check your junk email if you do not receive your email invitation). If you have any questions about the election, please contact the Nominations Committee at email@example.com or 604.822.3883.
Members of the 2020 UBCFA Election Nominations Committee: Bronwen Sprout, President (Library – Digital Initiatives, UBCV), Nancy Langton, Past-President (Sauder School of Business, UBCV), Mark Mac Lean, (Mathematics, UBCV), Elizabeth Hodgson, (English, UBCV), Stephen O’Leary (School of Engineering, UBCO), and Deena Rubuliak (Executive Director/Ex-Officio).