The UBC Faculty Association reserves the right to edit or delete any comments that infringe upon the freedom and dignity of UBCFA members. Messages or threads that do not meet the guidelines below are subject to closure or removal. Members who do not adhere to the guidelines below may be subject to banning. Postings must be:
- Related to UBC Faculty Issues – Forums are for issues affecting UBC faculty only. Irrelevant content is subject to removal.
- Non-threatening – The UBC Faculty Association encourages active discussions in our forums, even those about controversial topics, but the forums can only flourish if all members feel welcome and safe. We will not tolerate:
- Messages targeting any member(s) for insults, attacks, or disrespectful personal comments.
- Challenges to another member’s right to participate on our site
- Sarcastic asides and snide comments.
- Posting of contact or personal information about other members without permission.
- Free of solicitations – Please note this guideline also prohibits solicitations/invitations to participate in surveys, polls and research for future publication.
- Authentic and original – Do not post copyrighted material without consent or proper attribution.
- Post carefully and respectfully – You have a brief window of time in which to edit your post, but after that you can’t change your spelling, fix your grammar or take back any off-hand comments you may have made. A single profanity, hostile comment or personal insult – even in a well-considered post – can lead to the removal of a post.
The UBC Faculty Association reserves the right to remove any post for any reason will take the necessary action to keep our forums welcoming and conducive to helpful discussion.