Your UBCFA Executive Committee members volunteer their time to help guide the Faculty Association’s operational and policy decisions including advocacy, negotiation, education, communication and planning decisions. This year, a vote is being held to elect our Association President for a 1-year term and for three Members-at-Large for 2-year terms. Nominations closed Tuesday, March 7 at 4:30 pm. More information on the candidates and the election will follow next week.
Nominees standing for Election
President (1-year term):
- Nancy Langton (Sauder School of Business)
- Alan Richardson (Philosophy)
Member-at-Large (3 positions, 2-year term):
- Jennifer Berdahl (Sauder School of Business)
- Stephen Guy-Bray (English)
- Parisa Mehrkhodavandi (Chemistry)
- Juliet O’Brien (FHIS)
- Karen Smith (Microbiology)
Congratulations to the following nominees who have been elected by acclamation:
- Chair, Librarians & Archivists Committee: Alan Doyle (University Archives)
- Chair, Membership Services & Grievance Committee: Margaret Wright (Social Work)
- Chair, Status of Women Committee: Dory Nason (First Nations & Indigenous Studies, English)
- Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee: James Johnson (Economics)
- 1st Vice-Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee: Peter Wylie (Irving K. Barber School of Arts & Sciences Unit 8)
- 2nd Vice-Chair, Okanagan Faculty Committee: Jennifer Gustar (Critical Studies)
The election will take place on-line starting the week of March 20th and ending at the start of the Annual General Meeting, 1:00 p.m., April 6, 2017.
We thank all candidates who have agreed to stand for positions on our Executive.
The UBCFA Nominations Committee