November 16, 2016
Six of our colleagues on the Okanagan Campus are candidates in the upcoming election for the Board of Governors. Being on the Board of Governors is a tremendous commitment and carries with it a deep responsibility to act in the best interests of the university. I am pleased to see such high calibre candidates stepping forward for this election, and I thank them for their leadership.
The candidates are:
- Peter Arthur, Senior Instructor, Faculty of Education
- Paul G. Davies, Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- John Klironomos, Professor, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Stephen K. O’Leary, Associate Professor, School of Engineering
- Dwayne Tannant, Professor, School of Engineering
- Peter Wylie, Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
More information on the election, including links to the candidates’ statements, can be found here: https://facultystaff.students.ubc.ca/okanagan-faculty-representative-board-governors.
The Faculty Association will be hosting a candidates forum next week on Thursday, November 24th at a time to be announced. This forum will be webcast and subsequently made available online to members unable to attend. As well, we will have an online forum for candidates to present information and for members to ask questions. Details will be emailed to you.
Voting will take place from Monday, November 21st, to Monday, December 5th. The late announcement of the roster of candidates made it impossible to schedule a forum before voting opens.
Again, I thank the candidates for putting themselves forward, and I encourage all faculty to vote in this important election for our faculty representatives on the Board of Governors.
Mark Mac Lean, President