Home   |   Contact Us


The friendly team in the UBC Work-Life and Relocation Services Centre are happy to help new (or potential) tenured or tenure-track faculty to navigate and/or find housing in Vancouver neighbourhoods. The team can meet with you to discuss your housing needs or exchange emails or phone calls at your convenience. Meetings and communication can take place at the job offer or interview stage or at any time before you arrive. The conversation about housing may include whether you want to rent or buy a home, neighbourhood preferences, how far you are willing to commute (if you do not want to live on the UBC campus) and if you have any family needs such as wanting to be near a certain school or if the home should be child or pet friendly etc.

New faculty at UBC'S Okanagan Campus
A new Work-Life and Relocation Services website is being created specifically for the UBC Okanagan campus this Fall and local housing information will be introduced in 2012. The team can be contacted now for general information and support. Faculty who want to rent their home Faculty (and staff) who want to rent their property to new faculty at UBC may also contact the Work-Life and Relocation Services Centre.

Please note that only employees with a faculty or staff Employee ID will be able to contact Work-Life and Relocation Services to place their housing advert on a privately held database. The team will then do their best to find a new faculty member (or post-doctoral fellow/new staff member) who is looking for accommodation when the home becomes available for rental. It is advisable to give as much notice as possible to the team when you have a home for rental as hiring processes are often completed up to a year before a new faculty member will arrive.

Contact details for Work-Life and Relocation Services can be found on their website.

Last modified: September 13, 2012 Back to Top