UBCFA Executive Election: Voting Begins March 21, 2016
Your UBCFA Executive Committee members volunteer their time to help guide the Faculty Association's operational and policy decisions including advocacy, negotiation, education, communication and planning decisions. This vote is being held to fill three Members-at-Large vacancies.
The Nominees for Member-at-Large are:
- Kalina Christoff (Psychology)
- Doris Doudet (Neurology)
- Jennifer Gagnon (Political Science)
- Kenny Kwok (Cellular & Physiological Sciences)
- Juliet O'Brien, (French, Hispanic & Italian Studies)
- Vesna Sossi, (Physics & Astronomy)
Member Statements are available on our website.
Congratulations to the following Nominees who have been elected by acclamation:
- President: Mark Mac Lean (Mathematics)
- Vice President: Vinayak Vatsal (Mathematics)
- Secretary: Deanna Kreisel (English)
- Treasurer: Hugh Neary (Economics)
- Chair, Contract Faculty Committee: Sarika Bose (English)
- Chair, Librarians & Archivists Committee: Kristina McDavid (Library)
VOTING: Active faculty members will be receiving an email invitation with a unique link tied to your email address and directing you to the voting website. Our electronic voting is conducted through a third-party survey tool to ensure anonymity. Only publicly available information is used to develop UBCFA ballots and surveys.
Voting closes on Thursday, 7 April 2016 at the start of the UBCFA Annual General Meeting. The President will notify the successful candidates, and members will be advised of election results.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to exercise your voting rights as an Association member. It is your participation that makes our Association strong and effective.